Tierrasanta Council Elections
The Tierrasanta Community Council and Planning Group (TCC) is the officially recognized planning group for the Tierrasanta community.
- Approximately 1/2 of the 17 TCC positions become available each year. The positions are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, representatives from 7 Tierrasanta areas and 1 Commercial Director.
- Positions up for election are announced in January.
- Terms are for two years.
- Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month except for August and December.
- Elections held the 3rd Wednesday in March at the Tierrasanta Recreation Center, 11220 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
- Open to a resident or property owner within the specific area of Tierrasanta who is 18 years or older as of March 15, 2017.
- Candidate must have attended a Tierrasanta Community Council meeting in the previous 12 months.
- Tierrasanta residents and property owners are eligible to vote.
- Candidate statements and the ballot are available on the TCC's website at www.tierrasantacc.org.
- Voters may print the ballot from the website, cut the ballot out of the Tierra Times or use one of the printed ballots that will be located next to the ballot boxes in the community.
- Ballots must be returned on Wednesday, March 15:
- By 6 p.m.
- Tierrasanta Library, 4985 La Cuenta Drive;
- The UPS Store, 10601 Tierrasanta Blvd., Suite G.,
- Primo Market at 5950 Santo Road.
- By 8 p.m.
- Tierrasanta Recreation Center, 11220 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
- By 6 p.m.
- Votes are counted by the Election Committee after 8 p.m. at the March meeting of the Tierrasanta Community Council.
- The first meeting for the successful candidates will be the regular meeting of April 15th or any emergency or special meeting convened after March 18th.
- Positions are not filled during the March meeting are converted to at-large positions by a majority vote of the TCC that night.
- Potential candidates who live or own property anywhere within 92124 could then be appointed to the vacant positions at the April meeting.
Printable Ballot (available 2017)
Candidate Statements (available 2017)